a few words about us
Since 1987 HangglideOz has introduced more than seven thousand students and tandem passengers to the sport of hangliding, operating from the Stanwell Park and Wollongong sites.
We are Australia's most experienced and professional instructional and tandem hanggliding flight centre, and are open seven days a week - weather permitting.
Tony Armstrong and the team are dedicated to provide you with a safe and easy introduction to hang gliding. Relax with the knowledge that we have more experience in tandem flying than any school in Australia.
We offer all our customers unsurpassed service and value for money. We will take you on an aerial journey you'll never forget and fulfill your dreams of flight.
Tony Armstrong, Chief Flying Instructor has 30 years experience in the hanggliding.
- Ex Australian hang gliding freestyle champion
- Competed internationally and nationally
- Former member of the national paragliding team
- Associate Diploma in Sports Science, UOW
- Commentator for HGFA series (PayTV)
- Filmed Commercials for production houses in Australia, Japan, Malaysia and Korea.
- Played first grade rugby league Wests, Canterbury, Cronulla and Illawarra
- Former Daly M Winner - Highest Point Scorer 1984
- Holds every flight hang gliding record from Stanwell Park since 1990.